Holiday Change Freeze
In preparation for the holiday season, the Enterprise Information Management and Technology (IMT) Services Sector is implementing a holiday change freeze from Saturday, December 14, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. to Friday, January 3, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. MT, inclusive.
The holiday change freeze exists for several reasons:
- Support team resources are often limited during the holiday period; required resources may not be available to support a non-emergency change and the resolution of any unanticipated effects of change implementation may be significantly delayed;
- Customers and users may not receive service outage or service change communiqués as many of them may be away from the office during the holiday break; and
- Change Management resources, such as change managers, change assignees, and change board members, may not be available to manage and approve submitted Change Requests during this period.
- The holiday change freeze only applies to Change Management-related activities, and not activities associated with other processes (e.g. service request fulfillment, project-related activities, etc.);
- The holiday change freeze affects Service Alberta internal and external service providers responsible for making changes;
- During this period, Service Alberta and its partner service provider teams are not permitted to make non-standard or non-emergency changes to any IMT resources (e.g. applications, infrastructure, processes and procedures, documentation, etc.) that support the delivery of IMT services to customers;
- Change Requests submitted in advance of the change freeze will not be scheduled for implementation during this period;
- Pre-approved, standard changes may be submitted and implemented during the change freeze;
- If an emergency change must be implemented to resolve an incident or problem during this period, it may be implemented on the authority of appropriate service owner(s) or their delegate(s); and
- Change Requests that are scheduled for implementation after the holiday change freeze may not be reviewed by Change Management until the holiday change freeze is over.